WWOOFing is primarily based on goodwill and trust. We take great care to examine each application filled out by our hosts. However, our team doesn't know each host's personally. Therefore, it is also your responsibility to properly prepare your stay to travel safely.
Here are some precautions to take in order to have a safer WWOOFing experience:
- Establish and transmit to your family or friends your road map and contact information of your host.
- Be independent concerning the means of communication (mobile phone, prepaid card, etc.) but also financially.
- During your stay, keep in touch with your family or friends.
- Make sure you can easily leave the place if necessary. Find out before your arrival on transportation nearby (frequencies, destinations) but also hotels, B&Bs that could accommodate you, should it be necessary.
- Feel free to ask questions, such as: "Will there be other people present during my stay?".
As a general rule, trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable for any reason, do not let the situation continue. Talk to your host, and if nothing changes, leave the place.