Thank you for your interest in becoming a WWOOF France host.
In order to treat each application fairly, we have established a list of requirements to become a host. If you are here because your host profile has been rejected, check each criterion below carefully; and if you think your situation corresponds to the WWOOFing Charter, update your profile before resubmitting your application.
To become (and stay) a host:
- You must participate in some form of organic farming, either to ensure your own consumption and / or that of your family, or to ensure your income;
- You support sustainable living practices (for example by using renewable energies, eco-construction techniques, etc...);
- You are eager to pass on your knowledge to motivated people who will sometimes come from another country or from another culture;
- You are able to guarantee to WWOOFers:
- Three meals a day in sufficient quantity, even on rest days;
- Warm, dry, clean and safe housing;
- You agree to maintain a relationship without any air of subordination (a WWOOFer is not an employee);
- You must be able to maintain your activity without the help of WWOOFers (their help is appreciated but should not replace an employee).
For your application to be approved:
- Your profile must have at least one photo (instructions);
- Your profile must indicate in its description:
- The list of activities offered to WWOOFers: sowing, weeding, harvesting, processing, etc.
- The course of a typical day: participation in the activities (more info), time / organization of meals, etc.
- Your profile must NOT contain contact details in his description (phone, email, address, link to personal site);
- You must have an existing place (not under construction) and functional (not with everything to work on);
- The activities proposed to WWOOFers must be mainly of agricultural nature (production, processing, etc.). Eco-construction is authorized but must be secondary and linked to agricultural activity (fence, chicken coop, restoration of a barn, etc.). Activities such as cleaning a gite or a campsite, helping with cooking, serving in the dining room or welcoming customers are prohibited and may be the subject of cancellation from the association. WWOOFers can accompany the hosts to the markets but cannot make sales.
- Your profile can be written in several languages, but French is mandatory.
In order to have a complete profile, we also recommend following this article: